An addiction interventionist can provide you and your loved ones with the motivation and hope you need to start overcoming substance use disorder (SUD).
According to the 2019 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 19.3 million people who are 18 years old and above are struggling with SUD. Nevertheless, even if SUD is a widespread problem in the U.S., it’s understandable if you feel shocked and overwhelmed once you discover that your family member or friend is dependent on illicit drugs or alcohol.
Consider seeking guidance from the right California interventionist if you want your loved one to get started on the road to recovery.
What Are the Benefits of Getting Help From an Addiction Interventionist in CA?
Here are the important advantages that you and your family member or friend can experience if you use the services of a California interventionist.
- An addiction interventionist can enable you to understand what your loved one is going through as he or she struggles with SUD.
- An intervention specialist can lead you and the whole family as you create a viable accountability action plan together.
- A California interventionist has either personally experienced the addiction process or has gone through sufficient training and education so you can rest assured that he or she is an expert in the matter.
- Your proactive decision to hire an addiction interventionist will show your family member or friend that you are genuinely concerned with his or her well-being.
- With the guidance of an intervention specialist, you can make it possible for your loved one to gradually become healthy and sober over time.
What Are the Professional Addiction Interventionist Qualifications?
Make sure to choose a California interventionist who has gained the necessary professional credentials that make him or her qualified to practice the profession.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), here are the typical requirements for addiction interventionists and other substance abuse, behavioral disorder, and mental health counselors:
- Most intervention specialists are required to earn a bachelor’s degree. However, the exact educational requirements for each position may range from a high school diploma to a certification to a master’s degree, based on the state and employer.
- Substance abuse and behavioral disorder counselors who are involved in a private practice must be licensed. The licensure requirements for counselors who work outside of a private practice differ with each state.
- Substance abuse and behavioral disorder counselors must pass a state-issued exam. The National Board for Certified Counselors oversees the regulating board of each state.
It is also helpful, but not an essential requirement, if the addiction interventionist has personally overcome addiction in the past. This healing experience will empower him or her to relate better to patients like your friend or family member who is going through a similar process.
Start Your Loved One’s Recovery Journey With the Help of the Right Addiction Interventionist in CA
It may feel like a hopeless situation at first when you find out that someone close to you has substance use disorder (SUD). Thankfully, you don’t have to go through this intense challenge alone.
The right California interventionist can provide you and your loved one with the professional assistance and encouragement you need to overcome addiction together.